Thursday, September 8, 2011

What's Cooking

Tri-Color Pasta Salad

12 oz box tri-color rotini
3/4 cup black olives sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Cook pasta until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Place pasta in serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently. Serves 8

This is a colorful salad with a great fresh taste. Experiment with different herbs to vary the flavor. I like to use parsley, cilantro, and thyme, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Marjoram and basil would work well, too.

7 comments:

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Sounds delicious! I've made pasta salad with fusilli, peppers (red and green for color), cherry tomatoes and Italian dressing. I'll have to try yours sometime.

Lynne Marshall said...

This sounds great, Jannine, but can you suggest an alternative to the mayo?

Jannine Gallant said...

Hey Lynne, thanks for stopping by.

Maybe just a little oil to bind it together. An herb infused olive oil would probably work great.

Lynne Marshall said...

Sounds delish, thanks! I'll try it.

Colleen Connally said...

Jannine,
This sounds like something I could even make. Thanks,
Jerri

Jana Richards said...

Hi Jannine,
Thanks for the recipe. I've got cherry tomatoes galore in my garden so I'm trying to find new ways of using them. This is perfect!

Jana

Jannine Gallant said...

Jerri and Jana,

Hope you enjoy the salad. Thanks for stopping by.